Thursday 8 May 2014

An old Friend Left Behind.

         
        In 2009, while I still lived in Chile I had gotten a new puppy for my first birthday in Chile. He was a Saint Bernard puppy. His name was Beethoven. Just like the one from the Beethoven movies. Of course, like in the movies this dog was a handful. He grew up so fast in only a year and 2 months. Living in Chile was a dream. Unfortunately all dreams must come to an end. We had to leave the country to return to Trinidad and Tobago. When I heard that we were leaving I was heartbroken. So I came up with an idea to take Beethoven with us. My dad liked the idea and he went to find out how we could have taken him with us. My dad return home with some troublesome news. He told us that in Chile we aren't allowed to travel with animals. The time came when we had to give Beethoven away a few days before we left. We left him in animal shelter that would keep him safe. As were leaving all I was thinking was "what if Beethoven was here with us?" I would want to go through that experience of leaving a friend behind. Nowadays People in some countries still can’t travel with their pets due to law. It is unimaginably unfair to the pet owners and specially the pet. This issue leaves the owners with a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment